One of the most common questions people ask is how many crunches a day to lose belly fat? The short answer is it depends on our body type.
Nonetheless, when crushes are done regularly and adequately, they can significantly help burn belly fat. This is because crunches tend to target someone’s muscles in a sagging tummy creating tension to typically facilitate flab melting procedure.
But knowing how many crunches a day should you do to lose belly fat will definitely help you reach your target goal. Without further ado, allow me to take you through a quick guide regarding this major way of losing belly fat, to eventually understand how helpful crunches can be?
Crunches vs sit ups
The key difference between crunches vs sit ups can be the fact that crunches can help you build muscle in a faster way. On the other hand, Sit ups target mainly the abdomen area.
Many individuals wishing to have a flat tummy have been incorporating crunches in their exercise routine since it’s an effective way to burn belly fat based on experts. Besides, crunches got variants that aid burns belly fat effectively, so your abs look perfectly toned even after weight loss.
Further, this type of workout may target your muscles right in the tummy and also create tension to eventually facilitate fat melting procedure. Generally, crunch is this type of exercise that is claimed to burn excess fat through engaging someone’s muscles in the tummy. [Also Read: How To Shrink Your Stomach Naturally?]
You don’t need any expensive or overweight equipment to practice crunches, regardless that some individuals tend to use mammoth fitness balls for effective workouts. Overall, the specific number of crunches an individual is targeted to do can increase desired results in burning belly fat.
How many crunches a day to lose belly fat?
The maximum number of crunches should help someone complete to achieve the desired results. The short answer to this specific question is subjective.
This is because the maximum number of crunches someone should do in one day to achieve the desired results might vary right from one person to another. And this also depends on the specific amount of fat someone has on his belly area.
Fortunately, crunches can work on burning fat when perfectly done. And it’s because they tend to address someone’s abdominal muscles. To make crunches more effective and faster, incorporate them with other related exercises that hit your other muscle groups: the hips, legs, chest, shoulders, arms, and back.
According to some researchers, it may take 250, 000 crunches for someone to burn a specific pound of belly fat, but this has no substantial evidence backing it up. Eventually, ten and 12 repetitions alongside three sets of effective crunches can be good enough for someone to lose belly fat. Further, you can also perform three sets of three and two variations to eventually engage other body muscles in your stomach.
What are some safe ways to do stomach crunches?
Not all crunches can help you lose belly fat. However, by actively doing the below top crunches alongside other related physical activities and healthy diet, you will magically achieve a flat tummy within the shortest period of time.
I have gathered the effective crunches which could help someone burn belly fat faster:
- Twisted crunch
It’s a type of crunch that works on your lower and upper abdominals as well on your abdominal oblique muscles. Generally, this exercise is claimed to perfectly work on someone’s side muscles of the stomach.
How to do it properly?
- First, lie flat on the exercising floor on your back while the knees are at an average 90 angle.
- Next, place the hands behind the head or preferably across the chest.
- Curl your torso on the knees and lift shoulder blades from the floor mat
- When curling up, try and twist, forcing one of your elbows to point your knees
- Further, hold your curled position, contract your abdominal muscles for about two seconds
- And repeat the process on the other side. Double crunch
Related: How Long Should It Take To Lose Belly Fat?
- Double crunch
This crunch targets the rectus abdominals, hip flexors, and obliques.
How to do it
- First, lie right on your back while your hands are behind the head, knees slightly bent.
- Next, curl the upper abs through lifting your shoulders and head over legs
- Slowly and at the same time, curl and raise the knees over your chest
- Further, exhale while your curl the body parts in, inhale when returning right to starting position
- Regular crunch
This is among the standard abdominal workouts effective for losing your belly fat.
How to do it?
- Lie right on your back on your exercising mat
- Then plant the feet right on the ground the, hip-width apart
- Further, bend the knees, place your arms right across the chest
- Next, contract the abs and inhale
- Further, exhale, lift the upper body while keeping your neck and head relaxed.
- Finally, inhale and return right to your starting position
- Bicycle crunches
Regular performing of these workouts helps in strength, muscles gain, and most importantly achieve your desired results in burning the belly fat. The moves and motions included in this type of crunch help gain a toned and flattened stomach via removing the unnecessary layers of excess fat, which makes someone loo flabby.
Related: What Vitamins Are Good For Losing Belly Fat?
How to do it?
- Lie on the ground while your lower back is pressed flat to the floor while the shoulders and head are raised slightly.
- Place the hand on the sides of the head and avoid knitting the fingers right behind.
- Further, straighten the right leg to about 45% angle on the ground, turn your upper body left and bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Next, switch the sides and repeat the process on another side
- Reverse Crunches
- Lie flat on the ground keeping your hands right behind the head
- Next, bring the knees inwards to create about 90 % angle.
- Further, pull the legs towards the chest and crunch your abs now
- Hold for some seconds before going back right to normal position
How many crunches a day to lose belly fat will vary the important thing to note here is that crunches should be performed alongside appropriate die and also other related fat-burning cardio regimen for excellent results in belly fat burning.
Overall, the above different types of crunches are claimed to help tone and burn the fat in your belly to help you have an ideal sculpted look on your waistline.
- Does Stretching In The Morning Help You Lose Weight? - May 23, 2023
- Does Shaking Your Body Help You Lose Weight? - May 15, 2023
- Does Shaking Your Belly Help You Lose Weight: Can You Burn Fat? - April 23, 2023